Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hancock Dissolving



One of my favorite Boston images is when the John Hancock Tower dissolves into the clouds and fog. Looks as if it may just stretch into the sky forever. In fact, I wrote some poem at some time on this as a part of a bunch of back-and-forths with M.L. Smoker but can't find it now. I looked all over. Then again, does the world really need another Eidsvig "blue" poem.

I had a friend (Jess Barnett) read my chapbook recently. I think she said: "Boy, you're really into blue, huh?"


All that said, it was kind of interesting that I caught this shot of the Hancock a day before it went on the auction block. You can check the story here:


John Hancock Tower Auctions At Half Price.


I was going to bid, but do I really want to manage all that real estate?

Enjoy the pic.

No comments: