Monday, May 28, 2007

Work in Progress: "Food Processing" (3)


For the most part, I have wrapped up the painting "Food Processing," and the image above will be my last posting on this for now.


As you can tell, I touched up the colors and softened them a bit- which works better with the black and white contrast and the overall relationship between the warm side of the color scale and the cool.


I am very please with it- it works perfectly for this size, and I love the positive and negative space. Also, it speaks well to the other pieces.


After this picture I did a matte varnish to bind everything together. Depending on how it looks tomorrow, I may do one or two more.


Now I am planning my next piece- while I have another small canvas ready to go with composition elements, I think I may go bigger again. If so, I will likely take an additional day or two to prep. But, I will see how things progress in the morning.

No comments: