Monday, May 28, 2007

Sketchbook: Castle Island


I try and keep my hand trained somewhat in drawing, even if I am painting a lot. Generally, I will try and sit outside if I can and just practice sketching. As a lover of lines, I like using pen and ink- and from time to time if I especially like a sketch I may frame it and offer it for purchase- although this happens probably only 5 percent of the time. Generally, I plan out my finished pieces fairly deliberately- and it is more likely that I will come across an idea or form in my sketchbook (which double as a notebook, image notebook, etc.) that I will then use to some degree in a later piece.


Anyhow, last week I sat down at Castle Island during sunset and did a little sketch of Boston. Above is a piece of it, and my New Balance sneakers.


I wonder if sneaker endorsements are in the future for artists?

No comments: