Saturday, July 7, 2007

Work in Progress: Summer School (3)


Have been working away on this new painting Summer School- and it is really coming together. looks like I may be able to have it finished in time for the show "Image for Sale" that I am participating in at the FPAC Gallery at 300 Summer Street in Boston starting July 20th.


The colors in the pic might be a little off- as I used a flash- but you should get the basic idea.


Even for these smaller ones, lots and lots of work. But as they start to come together and be their own work, it gets really exciting.


Monet is more and more on my mind as I work on these and also as I talk to people about Model Consumer. Those water lilies where he paints the sky, surface, and through the water simultaneously- this idea of layers on the surface of the painting, and then layers beneath in the case of these collage pictures, keeps coming up as I paint.


He is also always on my mind when I am in a fury of painting. It is lots and lots of work- but if Monet could paint 25-30 paintings a year in his 80's (and I mean paintings larger than "Summer School"), then I guess I can keep working.


Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments: