Friday, July 6, 2007

Work in Progress: Summer School (2)


Above, see the latest pic of the work in progress, tentatively titled “Summer School.”

Had an interesting experience as I listened to one of my “painting” play lists tonight while I worked on this piece.

One of my favorite CD’s is called “Voice of the Poet” from a series by Random House of poets reading their work. Right after I heard O’Hara read “To the Film Industry In Crisis” (which is a great reading and even has some music accompaniment and a guest spot from painter Jane Freilicher) the play list went, on random, to Tupac Shakur’s “I Ain’t Mad At Cha.”

I am not certain, but it struck me that this might be the first time the universe has ever been presented with O’Hara and Tupac back-to-back. And I got to witness it.

No comments: