Thursday, July 12, 2007

Music Video: Raekwon - Incarcerated Scarfaces

Yesterday was a picture-perfect painting day in 617 Midway. I was hard at work on this new work in progress, had the windows open, could smell the sweet stench of acrylic being smeared on canvas and had my latest “painting” playlist blaring out of the radio.

It occurred to me that I have been falling off with the glimpses into the music that is being played at Midway on any given day. While I have been feeding myself a steady diet of Buffalo Tom and Bill Janovitz in honor of their brand-spanking album, "Three Easy Pieces," I was most inspired yesterday by Raekwon’s “Incarcerated Scarfaces.”

From the “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx” album, which is certainly on any list of the top-50 hip-hop albums of all time, the song, and album, are nothing less than awesome.

Probably one of the most highly-anticipated albums in the last 5 years is “Cuban Linx 2” which having its date pushed back. But for now, I am content to listen to Raekwon at his finest.

A little known fact is that this album is one of my favorite albums to paint to. Enjoy.

No comments: