Sunday, July 1, 2007

Where Have I Been? Where Have YOU Been? & Upcoming Reading




Where have I been? Westport. Thanks for asking. Yes, even artists get a break from the studio now and again. In fact, I keep seeing these artist's documentaries where the artist says "well, time to go to the studio" and gets up and walks to a different building. Must be nice. Here at 617 Midway the paintings stare at me all the time. "Why are you sitting down when you could be painting?"


They often talk in a Irish brogue.


Anyhow, the pic above is from beautiful Baker's Beach in Westport, MA. Of course, being a poet with semi-delusional visions of grandeur I always think of Frank O'Hara when I go to the beach in the summer- and make sure to watch out for dune buggies (for you non-O'Hara fans, you will need to look up the dune buggy reference).


It also makes me think of Alfred Leslie's "Killing Cycle" recently- which I can't find a decent image of anywhere.


In other news, looks like I will be participating in a group reading in July. Most likely the event will be held at Studio Soto in Fort Point on Wednesday, July 25th.


Readers will be:


Karen Rosenberg - play

Amy Grunder - fiction

Robert Boulrice - play

Michele Corkery - short story

Cynthia Bargar - poetry

Silvia Graziano - poetry


and me (poetry)


I will post more definite information when I have it.

No comments: