Tuesday, July 21, 2009

X's, O's, The Little Man, and Time Machines




On this computer-aided walk down memory lane tonight, I came across some images that Martin (AKA Martin Cockroft, AKA poet extraordinaire) and I used for an installation piece that accompanied our thesis reading at the University of Montana in 2002.

I had remembered a few of these: There were some great shots Martin took of objects, books. A basketball net. An image from Piet Mondrian from a textbook.

But these above: The X's and O's, the Little Man.... well, it had me wondering if my artistic quest is stuck on repeat like All Time Low's new album is in 617Midway now. Or worse, my artistic compulsions are skipping like my worn out Buffalo Tom CD's; my worn-out Frank Sinatra inheritance. Or worse still, I am copying Martin mercilessly. Even years later.

X's and O's; X's and O's.

No comments: