Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Hawk Comes Home to Roost, Ode to Barnett Newman, More Blue Cowboys, Painting Music, and Alexie Wins Again







Quick update:
The Hawk: As some of you 617Midway readers know, I’ve had a hawk stop by the crib from time to time… and usually at this time of year. I’m not sure if this is always the same one, or if my fire escape is just a perfect perch, but the hawk was there yesterday morning when I got up. Above, see a few shots of the hawk surveying all things Boston.

And no, I am not referring to the Spenser sidekick and confidant from the Robert B. Parker books and the Robert Urich TV show. Pic is from wikipedia.

Ode to Barnett Newman: Also, a few days ago I spied this shot in my apartment. The light through the curtains had my studio doing a Barnett Newman impression.

Blue Cowboys: Blue Cowboys continues along. See another shot in progress.

Painting Music: The latest music blaring in 617Midway includes Cartel’s If I Fail and Hit The Lights’ Statues.

Alexie: Many of you know that Sherman Alexie is one of my favorite writers. Thankfully he is hitting the poetry hard again and his new poems are popping up all over the place. Many of you also know that Fitzgerald and the Great Gatsby make guest appearances in my writing and art from time to time. Here, Alexie does it right with both the poetry and the Fitzgerald. Thanks to poet Paul Morse for sending this along:

www.poemeleon.org/sherman-alexie/

1 comment:

Jess said...

umm... I'm still waiting for an ode to Jess Barnett!!

you should post a photo of our masterpiece.