Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bad Luck Charm and Wakey Predictions


How did I spend a lovely Memorial Day weekend in Beantown? With sweet Red Sox seats on both Friday and Saturday, incredible weather, and the joy of being in the confines of friendly Fenway Park. The only issue being? The place was overrun with Mets fans and I had great seats to see two incredible Sox losses. Boo. I won’t even go into the WWE-style scrap I had front row seats to post-game on Friday. Kid jumped off a railing onto a guy. Booze + Mets Fans in Fenway + Red Sox Loss = Pretty Good Scraps.

Anyhow, at least Tim Wakefield was able to work his magic on Sunday unencumbered by my bad luck.

And now I would like to offer my early prediction for Red Sox great Time Wakefield as this year’s American League Cy Young award winner. The guy already has 6 wins under his belt and is 42 years of lovely on the mound. Surely 617Midway readers know my love of Wakey, and have read my poem referring to his knuckle ball. But don’t let all this bias fool you: Wakey for Cy Young it is.

There is a great new video on youtube I caught on Barstool Sports last week: The Ballad of Tim Wakefield. Check it out.

“Give me nine players just like Timmy Wakefield.”

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.

No comments: