Sunday, December 21, 2008

White Out









No, not the liquid paper product that people sniff when there are no good drugs around. That is spelled "Wite-Out." I am talking about the snow.

Someone asked Boston today what the deal was. Boston replied that it "forgot how to stop snowing."

It is ridiculous.

Has been snowing here nearly constantly since Friday afternoon. It won't stop. It is like the Celtics this year. It is like Puff Daddy muttering incoherently in the back of a Biggie Smalls track "I thought I told you that we won't stop." It is like the blizzard of '78 only later. It is like a snowstorm. It is nice to be inside.

That is one thing that fascinated me on Friday: People acting as if the apocalypse was here. It was about to snow in Boston in December. Tragic.


I have said over an over again, weather like this makes me think of Ron Schreiber's poem "tomorrow will really be sunday," which ought to be posted somewhere on the 'net. Also makes me think of "The Best Thing About New York City Is You and Me," as remade by They Might Be Giants:
It's snowing, it's snowing, God I hate this weather... now I walk through puddles just to get us back together...

Pic above is from Wite-out.com

And yes, I like the pattern the screen makes on the other photos.

And yes, there is a website named wite-out.com

No comments: