Friday, October 5, 2007

Summer Sketchbook



As promised, see some pages from my summer sketchbook pictured above.


I probably go through a sketchbook every 3 months or so, depending on its size, and use it for all sort of notes and sketches and scribbles. Being a poet, I generally have a notebook for poems in progress as well, although I will jot down
ideas and lines in the sketchbook too.


Pictured here are some pages of the beginnings of recent works in progress. The very top one has some notes that eventually turned into "Spring Training (Pitchers and Catchers)" and the second one down has the beginnings of "The Songs of Captives."


This idea of using circles comes through here in a few of these (per my last post) and I thought it might be interesting to see this stuff in its beginning stages.


I will post some of my life study sketches sometime later. I like to observe and keep my drawing hand in practice in the book as well, although what you see here are more along the lines of preliminary drawing and idea pages.

No comments: