Monday, August 27, 2007

Glacier Park






This month's National Geographic features a great pictorial and piece of Waterton-Glacier National Park. Glacier Park is part of tradition and ceremony for my family, and for a great bit of my childhood I was there every 2 years or so, and have visited it extensively since. The site of my informal baptism, which included my father and I swimming in super-cold glacial melt was at Lake MacDonald at Glacier Park when I was under a year old. I still keep a picture of my father holding me in this lake next to my bed.

I am including a few shots from my personal library that are completely blown out of the water by National Geographic's, of course. But of all places I have been, it is probably the easiest to take a great picture of.

It was nice to stumble upon the article this month. There is a lot of family history and many powerful memories for me in that park.

No comments: