Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Images from Reference Point


Above, see a slide show of some images from Reference Point. This is likely the end of the photos until the show is over, as it is difficult to get cameras in the Courthouse. But, I wanted to give a few detailed shots of the paintings, without ruining the show for those who are on their way to see it.

We are in the process of scheduling a reception for the show, and I should know more in the next few weeks. I will keep everyone posted as I know more.

Included in the slideshow are some shots of the poetry broadsides that I created for this show. “Broadsides” is probably the wrong description— but they are combinations of some of my poems and collage that seemed to work well together.

Each is 6” x 12” and uses maps and a version of one of my poems. “Chicago,” “Blue,” and “Missoula,” are included in the show and turned out pretty amazing.

And to all those who have visited the show already and have emailed with such great response, thank you so much. I am glad so many people have enjoyed it a week in. The response has been stellar.

No comments: