Monday, September 3, 2007

Fireworks at Midway






I was on the phone last night and suddenly a great boom-boom-boom started to almost shake my building. I peered out the window up the hill towards Southie and scanned the sky. Nothing. It lasted about 10 minutes and after my initial terror at an airplane explosion or some kind of September 11th-style attack subsided I got even more curious, thinking that if it was fireworks it had been going on a along time.

After I got off the phone, I had to open my window and look to the right, over the water near fan pier and the Boston Courthouse, and there was the best fireworks display I have ever seen probably. It lasted easily another 1o minutes after what I had missed.

Above, see a few pictures taken from my window last night. Thought it would be fun to play with camera settings and see if I could get some good shots.
Kind of interesting that I just said about working with color recently:

“I found myself thinking I wanted to paint an explosion.” (see blog entry: http://617midway.blogspot.com/2007/08/work-in-progress-fire-ice-5-and-6.html)

And here, last night, one was painted beautifully in the sky for me.

No comments: